A Year in Review
Cornerstone Capital Advisors
As another year passes, we once again thank you for the trust you have placed in us. Our biggest priority is to guide your financial decisions this New Year and for many years after. We are grateful that you trust us enough to refer family and friends, and we hope you will continue to do so into the future.
We’d like to share some positive changes from this past year at Cornerstone.
Our biggest change was on February 20, 2015, the coldest day of the year. We moved into our newly remodeled building at 1640 Corporate Woods! We now have room for our new employees and the future growth of Cornerstone.
Firm Awards and Accomplishments
Cornerstone Capital Advisors was named one of the top 300 Financial Advisors by the Financial Times in June 2015.
We were ranked by Crain’s Cleveland Business this May as the 11th Largest Investment Adviser in northeast Ohio. Our assets under supervision are currently $550+ million and continue to grow each year as we add new clients from your continued referrals.
Our investment management process for 401(k) Plan clients was recertified to meet the gold standard of fiduciary best practices by the Centre for Fiduciary Excellence (CEFEX). We were originally certified in 2011.
- Lisa Hay, CPA, CFP® merged her tax and financial planning practice into Cornerstone and began working in January of this year as a Lead Advisor. Lisa has more than 15 years’ experience and has published six books related to retirement and personal finances.
- Nick Rousher joined us in May of 2015 as a member of our Portfolio Administration team. Nick has a Master’s in Business Administration and is currently pursuing his Certified Financial Planner™ designation.
- Will Smith also joined us in May as a member of our Portfolio Administration team. Will has his Bachelor’s in Finance and is also currently pursuing his Certified Financial Planner™ designation.
- In May, we hired two summer interns. Jared Milhoan is a senior at Walsh University pursuing a Bachelor’s in Finance and continues to work part-time as he finishes his senior year. Evan Keeslar is a senior at Mt. Union University and left at the end of the summer to play his final year of college basketball.
- Mark Muntean, Lead Advisor, is currently pursuing the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) designation and passed the Level 2 exam (out of 3 Levels) this summer.
- Amanda Lyons joined us in August of this year as a Financial Planning Analyst. Amanda graduated in 2008 with her Bachelors of Business Administration degree in Finance and Business Economics. She is also currently pursuing her Certified Financial Planner™ designation.
- We must have been good this year because Santa came to visit us on Saturday, December 5th during our first Open House. Our families, clients, and business partners were invited to bring their kids or grandkids and have a professional picture taken with Santa. We had a great time watching all the kids with Santa!
All of our 19 employees wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas holiday and a New Year filled with good health and happiness. We look forward to serving you in 2016.
Cornerstone Capital Advisors